The Future of Board Games

  • Posted by Matthew Lauritzen
  • at 15:50 -
  • 0 comments
I don't really have a better name than that... but overall my goal is to be able to play one of my favorite board games with friends while not being in the same room.  Also, many of the board games I prefer, to play an inter game in 1 sitting is already usually a heavy deal, but to do with multiple hours of time difference between people, that would be a pain.  So enter my idea, playing board games in the same way you could play chess with a pen pal.  But a little "updated".


This is my favorite board game of all time.  There's some pretty great strategy combined with some random-ness to keep you from ever seeing the same game twice.  It's not as overly complicated as other board games of it's type, while being far more advanced than just basic original Risk.  (The "stock" rules for LotR:Risk kind of suck... but I really only care about playing for total domination!)  Hopefully, if I build everything correctly, I will be able to make my program versatile enough that plugging in any board game is just as easy as typing the rules in.

0 comments: